The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
ersatz rally dash-clock project underway! *PIC*

i think some guys here enjoy their heuer rally dash-clocks. i've long been interested in them, but the prices are seriously thru the roof!

since i also enjoy aircraft cockpit-clocks, i decided to go that direction for my dash-clock hardware instead.

to the left is a wakmann 8-day cockpit-clock and to the right is an elgin 12-hour elapsed mission-timer.

the wakmann was std-issue by the US air-corp/force from the 40s to the 60s, and the elgin was std-issue by the US navy in the 50s.

i have a bespoke dual-clock display being crafted as we speak, and the elgin is on its way for refurbishment.

when completed it'll be a fun add to the collection: dash-clocks with serious horological chops to back them up and the cost a pittance compared to a set of heuer dash-clocks. :-)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE