The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Interesting development

Thank you for sharing this information with us. All the Solothurn watchmaker school watches I have seen have the school name on the dial (see my example below). I have seen 4 examples, two Heuer Carrera 1153's (mine and Arno's example) and two others which were not Heuer based. Clearly, Heuer supported the school in some fashion by providing parts so this gives some credence to this latest “discovery”.

Besides the name on the movement which I assume can be authenticated should someone care to invest the time to do so, there is little else to support the claim that it is a Solothurn school watch and not some kind of franken as was the conclusion when the watch was first shown on the forum. I am not suggesting it is/is not what it is purported to be but rather opening up a possible debate on the subject. Hopefully the current owner will seek out this A Lavingia who I assume would be the perfect person to corroborate the story and thus provide a valuable provenance for what could be a very interesting watch.

Regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE