The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
philosophical question
In Response To: Re: Interesting development ()

Is it relevant whether it was a watch school or not?

Two types of scenarios I can imagine:

a) some guy with 2-3 years watchmaking experience puts together a watch from real Heuer parts, with some random mismatched pieces and some creative dial refinishing = prototype?

b) some other guy with 20-30 years watchmaking experience puts together a watch from real Heuer parts, with all the correct pieces = franken?

Why, just because the young guy is in a watch school and the old guy is in his workshop?

I can't really see any difference at all, except maybe I prefer watch (b) as Heuer usually* put things together in a nice way so sticking to their designs is likely to look good.

* 1950-1985

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE