The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My New Shauntavia . . . Amazingly Enough, from Shaun

Can there possibly be any better provenance for a "Shauntavia" than the man himself, Shaun Wainstein!!

This one arrived yesterday, and I've got to say that the experience of seeing this watch come out of the box was unlike any other. Usually I am blown away by the perfect ones (or the near perfect ones) . . . amazed at how fresh and bright they look. In this instance, I was dumb-struck by the raw originality / battle scars of the watch . . . the rust on the cracked hands; the dark numerals; the wear at the edge of the bezel; some shine on the recorders; even the marks on the crystal added to the appeal!!

So here it is, as it came out of the box (including the spring bar that wanted to stay in the watch). Tomorrow, we can have a look at it on a strap!!

Huge thanks to Shaun for sending this one my direction. Perhaps we will find one engraved for the Commander of the Kenya Air Force, but until then this one has top rating for provenance!!

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

My New Shauntavia . . . Amazingly Enough, from Shaun
Re: My New Shauntavia . . . Amazingly Enough, from Shaun
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE