The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Breitling Navitimer 806 Jim Clark Graham Hill Jackie Oliver

Dear Friends,

I am working so hard last 2 years and try to discover the reason about the ''Breitling passion'' of Lotus drivers between 1968/69.All three wore a Navitimer 806.

Not simple drivers,but great names and world champions.Only at Lotus.And Lotus,at the time,was the top.

I purchased many books from ebay,very old books from the 60's,and now i have a very good pics.

I discovered the ''Jim Clark connection'' 2 years ago at Nurburgring.I was a sponsor of a Superbike Team(Ducati Althea Racing)and i met a very old photographer,a German guy.

I was talking with him,and he showed me some old pictures in black and white,and SURPRISE i noticed a strange ''big''watch at Clark's wrist.

The final proof was the acquistion of the old book ''Das leben von Jim Clark'' with the watch visible on cover photo.

I am a great fan of Jim,and this is the reason about my passion.

My home is full of books,dvs's,posters and wall pictures about him,and he is my spiritual guide every day.

Now I have the entire series of watches about Clark (Navitimer,Top Time,Sherpa Graph but not a Gallet)and my research go on.

Pay attention to Navitimers 806 with white registers.Are undervalued.It's time to buy.

Thank you for your attention,have a nice time.

GVM

CLARK

CLARK

HILL

OLIVER

OLD GERMAN BOOK COVER

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE