The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My 2p worth..

I think it's great that TH still embrace their history, and use the Heuer shield on some pieces.
I have mixed feelings about these pieces... the 'Chronometer' (blue & silver) model is not to my taste, and IMHO a strange decision to design it like this. In my mind the Carrera is a chronograph, and always will be. The blue & silver seems to have beed borrowed from the 70's Carreras, which is a nice touch.. but still, this model is a strange design.

The 'Telemeter' model - this is much more Carrera-like, and overall I really like it. They've tried to capture the simple lines of the Carrera coupled with a bold move on the telemeter track. If I had to nit-pick.. I would say this is probably not needed, but it gives the design an old school vibe.
My main concern is the size/position of those sub-dials. I know that the pin positions are fixed, so the watch has to be designed around them, but IMO, they are still not quite right - they have the appearance of bing too big and too close together. The Jack Heuer model was the same - but many say it looks better in the flash than the marketing pics - I'd like to see some angled photos.

Stewart
Heuerville

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE