The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Refinished / Fake / Whatever Word You Choose

Select your favorite adjective, but "genuine" or "authentic" would be wrong.

A few issues with this watch:

• the listing indicates that this is an early version of the gray-dialed Monaco, but this 262265 serial number is not "early"; it is within the range of standard production gray Monacos
  • the quality of the printing on "Heuer" and "Monaco" is sub-standard
  • this style of markers was not used on any of the Monacos -- Caliber 12 Monacos have the simple polished markers and Caliber 15 Monacos (as shown below) have inserts in the markers, but the inserts are not red
  • there should be lume dots at the outside ends of the markers
  • the hands are from an Autavia.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Antiquorum states this is an "early" 1133G with a special
: dial, but I haven't seen any early Monaco with such a dial
: configuration / color. It looks like 1533 hour markers, but
: subdials for the Cal.11 / 12. I'm not an expert on the Monaco,
: but this doesn't look right to me:

:
: http://www.antiquorum.com/catalog/lots/heuer-ref-1133-lot-289-160?page=4

: What do the actual experts think?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE