The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sure It's a Fake . . .

Poor quality piece, in a version that we have never seen previously, with a serial number in the middle of the production run (so unlikely to be a prototype) . . . Not sure that I can distinguish precisely between a "fake" and a nasty looking refinished dial, but it's garbage either way. Right?

The made-up AQ description probably transforms an awful refinishing job into a downright fake.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Jeff,

: I don't see how there is enough information to call this watch a
: fake...unless having a refinished dial qualifies a watch as
: being fake. I think Antiquorum is lying about the watch. They
: should know better. They have way over sold the condition of
: pocket watches either by untruth or omission for a long time.
: What they have done with wrist watches has been exposed
: here...But can this watch, with the info they give us be called
: a fake?

: Respectfully,

: JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE