The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
re: Heuer Carrera 2447N on the bay 3 hrs

The one on the bay with 3 hrs left is at 5000 usd.
And it has the correct markers for an early dial.
There is no "t" above swiss in the bonhams example. Maybe the dial was repainted, either way that price is crazy. Or are we about to see the little brother rise up and join his siblings in the value department. I think this shift in price is inevitable, and these outrageous auctions, are speeding up the pace.
IMHO, I believe the Carreras should be put at the back of our safes, or watch displays, and the market will do the rest.
If you are selling one cheap, shoot me an email. I'll buy it and sent it to bonhams. (Jk) of course.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE