The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
#Update On The Kenya Air Force Autavia Heuers.

As promised, I asked my Dad to indulge me on a brief history of the watch he gave me and it did evoke many a nostalgic memories for him. This particular watch was issued sometime in 1975 or thereabouts. Like I mentioned on my previous post the watches were mainly issued to pilots, senior officers and senior NCOs. Kenya Air Force DID NOT put stamps on the watches. This is not to say that the watches with KAF stamps aren't authentic, just that the Air Force weren't the ones etching the stamps on them. Many of these watch recipients etched them on their own for identification purposes. He did mention that after the attempted coup of 1982, the Air Force did issue a different model of the Autavias. I hope this information will be of help to Jeff and Shaun.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE