The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Repair and rebuilding Valjoux 7730 movements‏

Hello guys,

Is there anyone who can recommend any good watchmakers that can rebuild these vintage Tradition Valjoux 7730 movements.

I have included the original listing of the watch below so you could have a look at the pictures:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tradition-chronograph-watch-as-is-repair-lot-/151597569467?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Hej0jEymyJVGanlId0gNmcr3ads%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Of the 3 watches, there are 2 missing screw down case backs, pushers, hour/min/sec markers, crown, crystals and some reluming has to be done for the watches. All 3 movements are signed - Sears roebuck and co and the dials are in good vintage condition. I was wondering if there're any watchmakers versed in rebuilding these watches with original valjoux parts which are available, from the research I've done. But for the 2 missing case backs, they may have to be custom made with reference from the original.

Feel free to comment.

Jim

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE