The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Abercrombie & Fitch fans what are these 1960s part

Hello Bill,
This is an interesting find, Some company produced these dial for what appears Abercromie & Finch. What strikes me most is that at the bottom of the dial it sais : MADE IN SWITZERLAND. So I checked Jeff's postings of his Abercrombie & Finch "SOLUNAR' chronos. If one looks closely at the 6 o'clock dial position, you can also see the Made in Switzerland. I have seen many Swiss Watches since the 1950's and NONE show Made in Switzerland. It is always " SWISS MADE" or simply "SWISS". It embodies a concept that has been forged over the years. This is a regulatory indentification of the Swiss watch industry, See: http:www.fhs.ch/Eswissm.htm , for further info.
This labeling "Made in Switzerland" is used by most other Swiss manufactures on their products but the Swiss Watch industry LAW prohibits it's use on a time piece that is produced in it's entirety in Switzerland. It also depends on how much work was actually performed in Switzerland, which could be a special case with the Abercromie & Fitch time pieces. In other words, Swiss components but assembled somewhere else. Hope this helps, good luck. Let me know if I can be of further help. Thanks .

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE