The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Information on 1500 series and formula one old mod

Hi everybody. By a reccomendation from Chuck Maddox, i am new posting in this forum. I know by the title that this is a forum for 1930-1985 heuers (no TAG) but maybe somebody can help me.

I live in Colombia and being a third world country is not so easy to collect good watches or any other things that can be nice (believe me almost 80% of the population are poor and the minimal wage received by the 85% of the population is about 100 US dollars). I have a mid 70's omega that belonged to my father, a Tag Heuer 1500 (graphite dial) that bought second hand in high school and my new adquisition a tag heuer formula one old model (orange bezel with gray dial).

I would appreciate if somebody has any info on any of the two models, in particular any info regarding manuals and production related likewhat colors were available, which years were produced, what kits were available for the f1, serial numbers decripted and simillar.

I just have Chuck's catallog. If you have anything else i would be pleased and inmensely grateful.

Thanks everybody in advance and keep on watching for watches..

Daniel

ps. Two things, english is not my native language, is my second so please excuse me any mistake made. And second, if anybody happen to sell a poor man carrera or know how to pay international without using a credit card please let me know!!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE