The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Misinformed bidders on ebay

It's been awhile since i've posted anything, But while on the Bay a midsize franken Heuer dive watch caught my attention. At the last time I checked the bidding was over $600 bucks. That badly scratched and mis-matched watch has gotten a second chance with a new owner, I sold a full size one a couple years ago and was happy to get over $300. When i asked the seller why he was trying to sell an optional 18mm watch band for a 16mm cased watch he told me; "My watchmaker measured this watch at 37mm so its a full size, you can fit a 18mm strap on it, and if your going by that On the Dash place they are wrong sometime on their chart." Chuckle snort lmao!

[image added by moderator]

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE