The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
VERONA : the last great HEUER ?

Hello,

In 1978, HEUER like others Swiss watch brands suffer from the emergence of a new vision of watch with quartz technology.

A lot cheap watches with this "revolutionary" technology multiplies and in this context of « hard Market » the brand HEUER launches range of microsplit (very important timers for motor racing and Ferrari team) and just after the chronograph ChronoSplit. HEUER is always on top with the new technologies

web credit

web credit

But, in 1978, will come out the last great creation of the brand to my taste the : « VERONA »

VERONA as the other models of the brand is named like a Town : Monaco, Montréal Cortina or Pasadena… and VERONA is a Beautiful Town from italy... is just the perfect name to evoke beauty, class and prestige.

It is a high level watch and it will benefit from caliber 12 and takes all brand codes of quality.

credit archives Chronomania

Automatic of course

Credit Noodia

When the modern "digital" watches are at 20$ this real beauty cost 345$ on this US catalogue

Credit On the Dash

The last great HEUER ?

The verona is typical like other great automatic watch from heuer :

See the left crown and 2 fluted pushers, and more important.....

....Just look this amazing "glossy" black dial release and the perfect polished steel bezel

It is presented in four versions ......

crédit Noodia

.....but I choose to present one I found the most refined with the référence 110.213 N with the black dial model.
you can see the reference number on the back case.

Details pleasure

The dial has applied markers : silver color on the inside and a small luminescent point overcomes each index.
The hour and minute hands are specific to this model (pure creation) with the same white and silver finish.
The dial has a "réhaut" with tachymeter scale.
There are two counters : 30 minutes at right and 12 hours at left with two white hands more classic

The date is in a window at 6 hours with a silver frame.

Finally, one of the most interesting is the case :
This 38mm case is inspired by the old model of the brand dating from the 40’s -50’s years as can be seen in this documentation.
Modern watch of course but inspired piece from the past....

credit On the dash

To conclude, the verona is for me the last great and beautiful model run by Heuer ... a quality that will not find many buyers but my collector joy’s

Complete with original box....

The red carpet to finish

Keep the faith

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE