The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Agreed -- He's Looking for One Buyer

I agree with your observation about his approach. He seems to be happy relisting an item, dozens of times, as the price inches down over the course of the listings. He is looking for one buyer for each watch, and must not focus too much on the folks who want to buy at (or even slightly under) prevailing market prices.

He must have determined that this approach produces the results he wants, as he has been using this same approach for a long time.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++

: 1. The clock GMT function can show 2 time zones, whereas the watch
: GMT can read three at the same time.

: 2. Regarding values. Interesting that the Super 24 has a higher
: value than the normal 12H, apparently due to it's rarity.
: Whereas, in my experience, the Mastertime 24, although rarer than
: the 12H is more difficult to sell and seems to have a lower
: value.

: BTW. I am aware of Jeff's comments about scarcity of some Super
: Autavia parts. This one must be an ideal candidate.
: I also read somewhere their value as paperweights if they break.

: Johnswatch Dashclocks always appear to be advertised at first for
: double their value. But then, he only needs one buyer!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE