The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Above All, I Am Curious . . .
In Response To: What's up Jeff? ()

Jurgen:

I will reply in the style of Chuck Maddox, one of the giants in the history of vintage chronographs. He died in 2008, but would have loved the new Apple Watch.

: Jeff,

: Is it the empty coop now that the girls are gone?

No, Abby (age 16) is still living at home. She has shown more interest in this Fitbit than any of the other hundreds of watches that have been in this house during her lifetime. Perhaps I should have dedicated the posting to her!!

: Fitbits? Biver? Ronaldo? Jeez! Not here, ok?

How quickly you forget!! Last week (or the week before), I dedicated to the Jarama, the watch, the car and even the bulls!! I read and wrote about Villeneuve, Piquet, Clark, ANdretti, Manolete, Lamborghinis, McLarens, Formula one races from the 1970s and 80s, Miuras (cars and bulls), Islero (car and bull), and I even spent some good money for the Autocourse from 1980!! And then I read the Autocourse!!

Above most other things in my life, I am curious. When he was a child, my father (born in 1914) got in trouble for trying to take apart the family radio, as he was looking for the little man inside. My mother (born in 1923) was a fantastic reader, covering War and Peace in a single day. So this curiosity and urge to learn about odd things is in my blood, on both sides of the family.

: Man, you've got a cave of treasures. That's what I'd love to read and drool about,

OK, Jurgen . . . the next posting will be dedicated to you . . . nerdy, nothing but watches, composed entirely inside the cave!! You will love it, I promise!!

: Think SOTC... How, when, where did you you get them. Which are the ones that got away?

It makes me too sad to think about the ones that got away. I missed a Chronomatic Siffert for $599. So now I have the money to buy two (2) of these Fitbits, with $99 left over. Come to Atlanta, and we will spend this $99 to buy you a nice dinner!!

: it could be a nice series. Jeff on Tour. Visiting the man caves of Europe. Make videos!

Video coming next week, I hope.

: Think OTD... It looks vintage! Pictures the size of stamps? Price guide from 2003?

OK, let's go back into the time machine, and I will begin posting the 640 size photos. But I am having problems with this computer . . . it's odd that this Hayes modem is making such funny sounds, after only 18 years of use!!

: Please get inspired. Take a holiday.

No time or money for a holiday . . . all the money is invested in these old watches. But now that I have the Fitbit, I can sell all this old junk!!

: oops!

Got to go now . . . I slept exactly 4 hours and 12 minutes last night (with 99% efficiency), but have taken only 212 steps so far today (mainly to feed Bella, labrador retriever, age 9). Got to hit the 10,000 steps my friend!!

: Jurgen

Love your posting, Jurgen. We will continue the conversation!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE