The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Perhaps licensing of the logo has something to do with it
In Response To: I'm not a huge fan of it :0( ()

I don't know the details regarding how LVMH was able to retain the "TAG" part of Tag Heuer logo when they purchased that TAG division in 1999. Perhaps the recent/ongoing switch over has something to do with licensing fees for the registered trademark "TAG" part of the logo. Over 15 years have passed since the LVMH acquisition. Perhaps a new licensing fee/contract was deemed too expensive? One would think that if their licensing agreement was expiring that they'd have to totally drop the "TAG" from the logo but maybe a change in script/design allows them to keep it? According to Wikipedia, TAG Group (Holdings) S.A. is headquartered in Luxembourg and is still involved with McClaren Group holding 25% of their stock, which includes McLaren Racing and McLaren Automotive. They also own TAG Aeronautics which is the Bombardier aircraft distributor for the Middle East.

: Thanks Jeff (and David who responded to my Tweet),

: If it is to replace the current logo everywhere, I wonder why it
: hasn't been done in a sweeping global switchover. Seems a bit
: haphazard for a large organisation.
: I don't wish to knock TH, but it appears unprofessional.

: Independently, I am vexxed as to why they are changing it, and IMHO
: the new logo is awful.. seems they are losing some of their TAG
: heritage.
: There seems to be no rhyme or reason to change it. Could you
: imagine Rolex, Omega et al suddenly changing their logos. Weird!

: Bring back the old logo!

: Stewart
: Heuerville

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE