The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer "Mobec"
In Response To: Heuer "Mobec" ()

John..

Couldn't find a lot on Mobec... On a Longines Forum I found he was a jeweler/dealer in the Badenerstrasse in Zurich in 1938. Doesn't seem the posh part of town: that would be Bahnhofstrasse or ParadePlatz.
Besides the Longines I found an IWC, but not much else. Can't remember seeing it on a Heuer.

Your watch is a 433 from just after WW2. The serial number from the movement would help, but it will never be really precise.

Check this 1946 catalog (see OTD/Brochures)

Yours seems to have survived rather nicely. The gold arabics look wonderful.

HTH, Jurgen

: Just acquired this one & wondered if anyone had come across
: this branding on a dial before?

: Can anyone tell me what model it is & date its from.
:

Messages In This Thread

Heuer "Mobec"
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE