The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Stay away from this seller - swisstimearts

When I was just starting out with my Heuer collection and very naive, I had the misfortune of buying several items from this guy, not realizing until later that the items he sells are mostly fakes. I am sure many new Heuer collectors, have probably fallen for the same trick, not realizing that sleaze-bags like this roam around the internet selling fake Heuer items.

I had the misfortune of purchasing this owners manual, the Autavia Box, and a few catalogs from this seller. I had a friend of mine (owner of the Monaco PVD) bring his catalog collection and we did some comparisons, and WOW this seller is something else!!! All the printed material he does are scans of the original pieces, but when you look close enough, you can determine the subtle differences between the real and fakes.

I should have done this writeup a long time ago, but never had the chance. Next time I see my friend, I will have him bring his catalogs, and we can do pictures of the differences.

Here is the items he constantly sells, that I know are fakes (since I bought them all):

1) HEUER FERRARI 1973 INFORMATION CATALOG WITH PRICE LIST

2) HEUER MONACO - SILVERSTONE - AUTAVIA AUTOMATIC MODELS 1970IES INSRUCTION BOOKLET

3) Heuer XXL OFFICIAL AGENT INFORMATION CATALOG 1968/69

4) HEUER AUTAVIA 1970IES BOX NEW OLD STOCK

5) HEUER VINTAGE CAMARO 1971 REF.73345 CASE, GLASS NEW OLD STOCK

6) HEUER CARRERA 1960IES HANDWIND MODELS INSRUCTION BOOKLET

Would not shock me if everything this guys sells are not authentic and fabricated.

Of course, eBay does not give a shit, since they make money from this guy selling his fake goods, and they don't want to do any investigation to determine the authenticity of these items.

So, please be aware, and I am hoping that people do Google searches for swisstimearts seller, before placing bids on his items.

I always say, Karma is a bitch!!! What goes around, comes around!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE