The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
About condition *PIC*

Manuel and Robert,

: Of course it is up to you, but I personally agree with Manuel not
: to change the dial, which actually shows the personality and the
: history of this very special watch.

Thank you very much for your compliments and thoughts.

If you look at my other watches, especially the older Carreras, you may conclude that I like imperfect watches, too. Generally I'm reluctant to get a case polished. However, the watch should look balanced, i.e. the parts should show nearly the same level of (im)perfection.

I bought this Carrera Dato as incomplete wreck. At that time it seems impossible to source the special rehaut with only 60 bars. With a little help from a forum member I obtained the ring which is now mounted. It nicely matches the dial. In the meantime I found a perfect part, too. The bad condition of the case required a complete refurbishment by Abel. For a balanced look I now need a nearly perfect dial. Furthermore, "4" is one of only a few numbers readable on the date disc. Most numbers are partly rubbed off.

Of course, I will be able to switch back to the original parts at any time.

Cheers,

Mick

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE