The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Record Store week & Miles Davis....

Hi Shaun I'm glad you had a good Record Store Day - I am in New Zealand at the moment and we experienced a severe storm and power outages yesterday which kept me in doors! However I have had a good Record Store Week, giving a talk/demonstration alongside my bass playing father on a $70,000 Linn system playing vinyl records. It was a great day! Plus even though my 5000 + vinyl collection (modest I know) and Hi-fi system (all vintage) is in storage in a lock-up in Chiswick while my wife and I are in NZ, I have managed to bag around 100 fantastic Brazilian and jazz rarities. The addiction continues!

Re. which watch to wear...well I've been sporting the Hanhart of late as I got it back from my watchmaker after a particularly steamy gig - it had stopped working due to the amount of moisture build-up from my sweat! But it's back on the road again.

I actually owned a Navitimer I bought on OTD but I never got to see it as it was used for a part-trade against a Carerra 3447 that I sadly had to sell a few years back to fund "Vermillion Skies" the album you pictured. So yes it WAS worth it to sell the Heuer.

However since then I have hankered for a Navitimer especially with the cool Miles connection. You may have see this - well I hope OTD readers will enjoy. And of course thanks to Hodinkee!

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/spotted-a-breitling-navitimer-on-the-wrist-of-miles-davis-cihtml

My 1973 Linn LP12 (I miss you!)

Messages In This Thread

What watch for Record Store day?
Re: Record Store week & Miles Davis....
Great story, Nathan...how 'bout one from Kiss drummer?
Re: Kiss
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE