The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Is it news?

I don't know what others think but it is not news. No-one ever said ALL watches that we term "poor mans" were made by Heuer. It's obvious.

I guess the question is did Heuer make any non-Heuer branded watches? The answer to that is obviously yes, for A&F and some other co-branded watches for jewellers (eg: Turler).

I guess the only question is if there were some "poor mans" made in Heuer factories. I am not sure anyone really cares about the distinction. In my opinion it is likely that Heuer could have used spare capacity to assemble watches for others; it would make industrial sense. But I haven't researched it as I am not sure it matters.

For me the subject tag is a bit like a headline: "Shock expose: Walt Disney did not write the Winnie the Pooh books".

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE