The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Replacement movement for Heuer and TAGHeuer

I'm not sure of any differences.

If you have a 955.112 then a 955.114 is a drop in replacement. They even look identical and most (if not all) parts are interchangeable (stem, date wheel, coil cover, battery holder, etc). I've not run into ANY issues and I've replace well over 20 of the 955.114/955.112 movements.

There are some variations in height and things like that within the 955.112 range but if you use the link to watchmaterial.com then you will be fine. I ordered 4 more after you brought up the movement question just to restock my inventory.

If you have a jumbo (even some of those use the 955.114 too) diver or older thicker model then you will need a different movement but it doesn't sound like you are working on those.

Some of the Heuer full size divers have thicker cases and backs but again 955.112=955.114.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE