The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
SCAMMER ALERT & EXPOSED! The Fake Salman Hussein and SCAMMER

SCAMMER ALERT & EXPOSED! The Fake Salman Hussein and SCAMMER Sylvester Covington full address and name!

I am tired of hearing stories of honest people getting scammed, and it is sad that this is happening. Here is the FULL name and FULL address of the scammer, trying to pose off as our good watch friend in this community, Salman Hussein (arezzo66@yahoo.com) versus this fake Salman (arezzo66l@yahoo.com). Here is the full details of this scammer:

Name: Sylvester Covington
Home Address:
13 Sandusky Road
City: Daytona Beach
State: FLORIDA
ZIP CODE/POSTAL CODE: 32119

and his bank details:

Bank: TD Bank
Account#: 430-866-9378
Routing#: 031-101-266
SWIFT Code: TDOMCATTTOR
Banks address:
1590 S. Nova Rd, Daytona Beach, FLORIDA 32114
Bank telephone number: 386-248-2102
Account holders telephone: 386-333-8920

Of course, the above information is sieved out after a long email exchanged for almost a week over, and I have been luring this ba*stard patiently. If you like to read the email, its all pasted below in chronological order for your reading pleasure.

This is one of the oldest trick used since the dawn of electronic mails but this scammer is pretty smart, leveraging and abusing the "good guys" page on watchnet.

I have deliberately lured the scammer into giving his full address and his full name so that if there is any of you reading out there, residing near this b*stard, or is a law enforcer, go and raid this guy. For obvious reasons, if I can, I would have gone to this guy's doorstep and report him to the police. But we are talking several thousands of miles away from each other.

So if you have a direct email if I can assist any law enforcer to catch this crook, please write to me.

Here is the chain of email that I have rearranged in chronological order, how I have tried to re-con (if there is such a word) this con man into giving his full address and handphone number.

-----------------------------------------------------

On 24 Apr 2015, at 9:25 pm, Salman wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for the feedback on watchnet again much appreciated. Quick question for you. I was wondering if you would be interested in a white dial daytona 116520 SS V series in MINT condition w/box and complete papers. A relative of mine gave it to me to sell for him, he only wants $6,600 for it. Guess he ran into some money issues and needs to sell. I just don't need any more Daytonas right now. Let me know.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Best Regards,
>>>>
>>>> SALMAN

On Apr 24, 2015, at 10:09 AM, Jack Wong wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Salman
>>>
>>> I'm keen. Do you have photos?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Best Rgds,
>>> Jack
-

On 24 Apr 2015, at 10:33 pm, Salman wrote:
>>
>>
>> Pics are attached

On Apr 24, 2015, at 10:41 AM, Jack Wong wrote:
>
> So I bank wire to your same account?
>
> Best Rgds,
> Jack

On Friday, 24 April 2015, 23:13, Salman wrote:

When I sell for another person I usually give the buyer the person whom watch I am selling bank info so it can go directly to the owner. Makes it easier on my part.

I do have the watch in my possession and will be shipping it myself.

S

On Apr 24, 2015 11:17 AM, "Jack W" wrote:
Ok, send me your relative bank account then.
Look forward to transfer you this evening
Best Rgds,
Jack

At 25 Apr 2015 12:16:22 am, Salman Hussein wrote:

Below is the info. Let me know once you send it so I can call my relative and confirm with him.
Yes that works as well. Below are my details..Please keep me updated.
Bank: Southern Commerce Bank
Account#: 310-112-8803
Routing#: 063-112-919
Banks address: 5650 Breckenridge Park Drive; Suite 110
Tampa, FL 33610
Banks telephone#: 813-621-2080
Account holders address: 4103 N. Clark Ave
Tampa, FL 33614

SALMAN

On Apr 24, 2015 12:31 PM, "Jack W" wrote:

As Singapore requires an address and contact number of the receipient before bank wire can proceed due to anti money laundering act.

Thanks.

On Apr 24, 2015 12:37 PM, "Salman Hussein" wrote:

Jack,
Contact number: 386-333-8920
Account holders address is below:
4103 N. Clark Ave
City: Tampa
State: Florida
Zip code: 33614

On 25 Apr 2015, at 7:24 pm, Salman Hussein wrote:

Jack,
Any update? My relative said you gave him a call last night.

On Apr 25, 2015, at 7:30 AM, Jack Wong wrote:
Yes bank wire sent.

Nope I didn't call him. Was it my relationship manager?
Best Rgds,
Jack

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 25, 2015 10:29 AM, "Salman" wrote:

Great. Also I'm not sure, he received a confirmation phone call confirming his address and amount of funds being sent. He said it will be sent Monday, I will check with my relative on Monday.

S

On 26 Apr 2015, at 10:23 am, Salman Hussein wrote:

Jack,
Your relationship manager said the wire will be sent Monday. Do you know how long it will take to clear since it's a international wire? Will it be the same day? Let me know so I can tell my brother when to inspect the wire.

Salman

On Apr 26, 2015 12:58 AM, "Jack Wong" wrote:
Usually it will be cleared on the same day since Singapore business time ends the time where US starts the business day.

So I assume it will be in on Monday.
Best Rgds,
Jack

On Apr 27, 2015 1:33 AM, "Jack Wong" wrote:
Hi Salman

My bank relationship manager just called me say that bank wire was on hold as Southern Commerce Bank reply to us that the account holder's address and phone (either one) is incorrect.

May I confirm the beneficiary full residential address on file with bank and phone number on file with bank too?

Thank you.
Best Rgds,
Jack

Jack,
My relative said the address he first signed up with his bank is.
13 Sandusky Rd
The telephone number should be correct
386-333-8920

S

On Apr 27, 2015 1:47 AM, "Jack Wong" wrote:
Sure. I will update my RM.
Best Rgds,
Jack

On Monday, 27 April 2015, 20:46, Salman Hussein wrote:

Jack,
Any update?

S

On Apr 27, 2015 9:53 AM, "Jack W" wrote:
Its been sent. and money is out from my account.

Check your account now and then and update me when you receive the funds. You can send to my usual mailing address as per our last transaction once funds received.

Best Rgds,
Jack

On 28 Apr 2015, at 12:08 am, Salman Hussein wrote:
Okay will keep you updated. Have not received yet it is 12:00pm where my relative lives.

Salman

On Apr 27, 2015 12:30 PM, "Jack Wong" wrote:
Keep checking. It should be in today or tomorrow.
Be patient.
Best Rgds,
Jack

Jack,
My relative just gave me a call and told me the wire is not going to go through because the bank info he gave me was to his old bank account. It is a closed account so the wire should be sent back to your account soon because it will not clear.
He has gave me his correct bank information for when the wire comes back to you. You should call your RM and inform him about the situation. Let me know what he says we might have to wait a day for the wire to come back to your account. Sorry for the troubles.
Salman

Ok Salman.
I have informed my relationship manager.

Can I have the new bank account and details so that I can forward these to my relationship manager?
Best Rgds,
Jack

Jack,
Okay let me know what he says please.
Below is the correct bank info.
Banks address:
1590 S. Nova Rd
Daytona Beach
FLORIDA 32114
Account holders address:
13 Sandusky Road

SALMAN

On Apr 29, 2015 9:56 PM, "Jack Wong" wrote:
Yes I have received the wire a while back.

Where do you want me to send to?

Please give me the full bank details plus telephone and bene address that is in the bank records.
Best Rgds,
Jack

Sent from my iPhone

Below is bank details.
SWIFT Code: TDOMCATTTOR
Banks address:
1590 S. Nova Rd, Daytona Beach, FLORIDA 32114
Account holders address:
13 Sandusky Road

SALMAN

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE