The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Monza Friday
In Response To: Monza Friday ()

Hi Tomasz, hi all,

really nice Monza...

For me today a ’70 Kelek (“Ticin” branded) automatic chronograph with a Buren Cal.15 movement (the same found in our beloved Heuer chrono):

Someone out there will think is an ugly watch, buy I think is so lovely, for sure one of the funkiest and colorful dial ever made, ideal for the summer:

The watch arrived from Sardinia island (Italy) on last Monday and, since then, is still on my wrist… I have dressed it with a NATO strap that perfectly matches the colors of dial and hands:

I read on Internet that in ’70 “Ticin” was the Italian distributor for Rado watches, and you can find the same exact watch with the dial marked “KELEK” (image taken from the web):

It is in really mint conditions, case is almost perfect (no dings, sharp edges, some minor scratches but nothing serious) and hands are too (lume still glows in the dark), it still has traces of the protective blue paint on the caseback:

Inside is a clean Cal.15 movement but with the bridge obviously marked “JRGK”:

The thing I like more is the case shape, typical of ’70, with its covered lugs and brushed finish so similar to the one found on the Monaco and the Carrera 1153:

And this for a price lower than the value the naked movement worth (this increases my satisfaction in wearing it ;-) ).

Wish you all a great weekend.

Gianluca

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE