The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Red/white Heuer service box: my experience...

I saw that there are some problems to recognize genuine red/white service boxes from modern fake one.
In the past I saw different badge of production of fake and, for curiosity, I always bought them to study...
The next picture show the difference between a 100% original one of '80 (bought from italian service centre for AMI, the only one in Italy that can service AMI in '80 and '90 in official form) and a new fake recently bought.
I know that there are original white/red service boxes from '70 that may be different with mine: sorry, I haven't now at home (I use it on bank safe... perfect for this use).

My original box got 2 circolar cut to open it

Original box uses cardstock painted, not covered with thinner paper...

Misures of mine... I saw important difference with the fake

Hope it can help someone to recognize fake.
But I saw, in the past, some fake "swiss made" with a better layout talking about quality of cardstock... but printed with modern technology (with a 10x lens, you can see all small point on the red part...).

Messages In This Thread

Red/white Heuer service box: my experience...
Re: Red/white Heuer service box: my experience...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE