The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Unique to Me / Appeared Four Days Ago

I have never seen this execution of the Carrera . . . Reference 2447; black-on-black; unusual markers; fat lugs on the (early) case.

It seems that it appeared on Instagram four days ago, as shown below.

I believe that owner is "11erv", and here is his Instagram profile, "UK based. Vintage watch cognoscenti, or something like that. Private collection. All photos are my own."

I have posted on Instagram, asking him for additional information, so let's see what we can learn about this one.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: An execution i have never seen...

: Case like the early Dato 12, strange handset, NT dial in second
: execution with first execution markers.

: https://instagram.com/p/2gttB0r_K5/

: What's that? Prototype? Franken?

:

Messages In This Thread

Is this Carrera a new discovery?
Unique to Me / Appeared Four Days Ago
Re: Is this Carrera a new discovery?
Re: Great spot Paolo
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE