The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I miss my vinly - time to rebuild
In Response To: Off-topic vintage HiFi post... ()

Loving the thread, Nathan.

I lost my records many years ago due to water damage from a flood, now it's pretty much all mp3 for me too. I miss sitting there just listening and reading the liner notes, flipping the LP. When I was 13 or 14, my brother and I would sneak off and take the train into Chicago for the day, visit Rolling Stone Records on Washington Street, and find all kinds of interesting records. I still remember some of the bootlegs..."Klashing with the Clash", "The Great White Boss (Springsteen)".

This inspires me to rebuild.

Where would you start your system? Any recommended mid-range turntable and amp that can be found today, say sub-$1000 to start?

Jim

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE