The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
New 1133B Acquisition on the blind & Tool 011

Hi all,

Reposting this as my first didn't appear, this is 3rd attempt. Noob I am. Been lurking and trying to figure out quirks of this forum engine. It's not a valjoux!

Anyway just wanted to share my recent blind purchase on a prayer. Acquired what looked like an honest to goodness 1133B viewed from the outside albeit a lumeless version. But both seller and I didn';t dare to open it to verify no seal melt and watchmaker was busy and I had a plane to catch in a few hours.

Got home couldn't sleep. Having nightmares about seal melt and the goo flowing into everything. Searched for resources on how to open a monaco. Found someone selling tool 033 for over $1k and would take a week to deliver.

Long story short, I shucked the 1133B oyster with my home brewed tool dubbed "Tool 011" and found a pearl! Zero seal melt though seal looked like it would do so in a couple of years.

Here are pics (phew relief and sound sleep again):

[/URL]

[/URL]

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE