The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Sorry but...
In Response To: Re: Sorry but... ()

Hi John, never really bothered me what others think of me or especially calling me names (sticks n stones and all tht taught to me when 5 by parents). Its more what i feel myself. I just personally like the deeper colors of the original as it came out from factory. So never got into the rage with crazy premiums for "tropicalised" rolex submariners. Some can be nice no doubt but i'd rather have a mint non faded version unless the patina was put there by myself through years of my own wear. Then it has significance to me, the wear, scratches, fade and discolouration. Lumes are a different story.

So in short, when i use it i want full enjoyment. When i sell i want best price. Best of both worlds achieved if sticker is doable ie. Colors i like when i wear it. Remove it when for sale and i get colors that the market likes, preserved as of the day i got it.

Anyway everyones entitled to their opinions and I'm not bothered by differences as diversity makes life more interesting (and I dont mean frankens qualify as diversity in this context). I am pretty sure any watches that I ever sell eventually will not have issues of originality because when i buy i am fussy.

: Look DeeGee, I admit that what I said was a bit harsh. I guess what
: I was reacting to, more than the possibility that a reversible
: "fix" would be applied was the notion that your watch
: somehow looked girly and needed to be fixed. I guess I would
: rather have some wanker call my watch girly than have some watch
: dude call me a wanker for putting a sticker on the bezel.

: JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE