The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Sorry That This Happened . . . Seems Inevitable

Hi Jeff.
I have no problem with the return from the buyer or the freedom of speech which is exercised on forums, it has worked against me this time but I also get positive feedback from watch forum members too so cannot complain really. Forums like this one have helped me a lot in the past.
I believe it was this thread he read because his message mirrored a couple of the points.
Thanks Michael

: Sorry that this happened, but I am not sure that there is a
: reasonable rule or guideline that this forum could impose to
: avoid this sort of occurrence.

: To require that a sale or auction not be discussed on our forum
: until after the transaction has been completed does not seem
: realistic.

: In any event, I have to wonder whether it was the discussion on
: this forum, or the buyer's own remorse, that may have caused him
: to ask for the return. Yes, our discussion may have contributed
: to the "remorse", but this just seems to be inherent
: in public sales of watches and public discussion of these sales.

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE