The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Another Atrocity from "Man of the World"

OK, so I'm not a hipster . . . and maybe I just don't get it . . . perhaps I am too square / conservative / conventional / set in my ways.

So can one of our more enlightened readers please explain how Man of the World offers this "Heuer Autavia Monza Recased" [yes, that's how it is listed] for $5,500.

Here's the listing -- http://www.manoftheworld.com/products/autavia

Who would buy this thing? Why not just call it a "Franken" or "fake"?

Previously, we had looked at a Man of the World Abercrombie & Fitch Seafarer (shown below), which remains available at $8,150.

Can someone help me with this . . . I just don't get it.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE