The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Confirmed all original

Took it to the Omega dealer on Thursday.

It was confirmed by them that without a doubt its all original,

The dealer wanted a high amount to replace the crown, pushers and to perform a service, the crown seems fine but I assume its old and maybe the seal is worn, anyways I went and collected it.

I immediately dropped it to my watchmaker who will inspect it and see if the pushers are useable or not. And most likely service the watch.

I forgot to take a picture of the serial on the movement but the case back had ST145022 78 written on it so I assume its from 1978 will double check with the movement serial once its back.

The speedmaster101.com website has been very helpful, I appreciate your help for recommending the site and the information you provided

: Appears to be an honest example. As far as I can tell, this is a
: 145.022 from 71, 74, 76, or even 78. 145.022 being the reference
: on the inside of the case back; the year it was produced will
: follow that ref. number to confirm. In the 70s, those were the
: years that were stamped for this ref. The serial number is
: located on the movement and will also help date this watch. The
: reason I date it from this period is because of the tall
: TACHYMETRE lettering without the accent over the e. This, in
: combination with the domed dial, rather than the earlier
: 321-style stepped dial make me think it is one of the latter. It
: appears that all of the tritium has been cleaned off of the
: plots, but the watch looks to be very clean otherwise.

: If you haven't already, take a look at speedmaster101.com, tons of
: info over there.

: -ct

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE