The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Carrera 2447 D dial question

Hi Mark,

thanks a lot for your immediate reply.

The serial number is given as 79XXX. Would you agree this qualifies the watch as a first execution? The watch on eBay has first exec solid markers, which would fit.

To be honest, after some research I just found a posting from our own Paul Gavin here on the forum, in which he shows a watch with an identical dial, also with the "chopped 50":

http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=73406

So I think this tells us that this type of dial does exist and is genuine.

BTW, I also noticed the different tachy dials with the red printing either on a different surface silver ring, or on the plain silver starburst dial. Some months ago I had discussed this topic with Bernard, and since we found several examples of both types, we came to the conclusion that they both existed.

Best regards,
Robert

: Hi Robert.

: First execution first gen Carreras (those with solid markers
: without inserts) have scales either on a separate, silvery track
: (as in the first pic) or just against a plain dial (as in the
: third pic). We see that relatively often on Tachy dials, less so
: on Decis but simply because the Tachy was more popular.

: Now, in the instance of the Tachy dial, the scale was red whether
: it sat in a silver track or not. I need to dig in the picture
: archives to see if the same was true for the Deci. It might be
: that that one is simply late, before they switched to second
: generation. Do you have a serial number for it? That could help.

: Mark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE