The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Fake Carrera - but is it a Heuer?

Hi All.

I'm new here and not a watch aficionado but I have been told that my Carrera is fake by a couple of people on other forums but was advised to come to this forum to see if I could find out if this is even a Heuer. Can anyone advise how I can find out just what this watch is?

On the 'Onthedash' fakes webpage it looks similar to the first watch under the Carrera section that states "probably began its life as Heuer Ref 404; then someone made it into a Carrera".

Any help would be appreciated!

Images can be seen here (post by maghome) - http://forums.watchuseek.com/f25/carrera-club-522434-117.html#post17928826

Thanks
Mark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE