The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Sometimes, You Gotta Laugh . . .

: I knew a guy who had a brilliant idea about starting an ice cream
: shop where a scoop of any flavor would cost $50,000. The
: brilliance of the idea was that all you would have to do would
: be to sell one scoop a month and you would be making plenty of
: money. You wouldn't be very busy so you could be doing other
: work most of the time and you would not have too many inventory
: turns.

: I told him to look for another investor.

: JohnCote

I knew a guy who opened an ice cream shop in New York, where a ball everyone cost $ 50,000 - and he has every day customers who buy his ice.

And I knew a guy who opened a watch shop in an Internet with low costs. The brilliance of his idea was, he did not want to sell one of his watches, because he needs the time to every day to earn a lot of money in the stock market.

But he makes every day a lot of money with its watches, because there are a lot of buyers who buy a watch only when it is expensive enough.

: I told him, he is a brilliant investor.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE