The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: A chrono-matic mystery!
In Response To: Re: A chrono-matic mystery! ()

Thank you, Heinz. The egg timer comment was partially in jest and in reference to a Hamilton ad concerning the Chrono-Matic and "uptight, business men who were fussy about their three minute eggs." I've done so much research on this watch in the last couple days, and I have found several suggestions concerning three minute applications. I did say military, but what I read had more to do with aviation and navigation. I'll try to locate that and share that info. The telephone call timing makes the most sense. I read that as well, but appreciate you confirming that information. I've considered that Hamilton may have released a few Chrono-Matics under the Buren name in Europe, as this would've been a more familiar brand to the European consumer, but I can only speculate. As far as I can tell, this dial was never released in the U.S. Market. I would really just like to determine if it's European domestic market, or possibly even rarer.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE