The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Different 11063 bezel designs

I have searched the forum and couldnt find an answer to my question. So here goes.

Everyone knows that the 11063 bezel has an inner and outer rim that holds in the insert unlike the 11630 bezel which only has the outer rim holding the insert.

However I noticed that on all 11063 with viceroy colors the bezel design is more like 11630 in that it only has an outer rim holding the insert (have only seen tachy inserts on these). Everything else looks 11063 from outside teeth to inside teeth that catches the click spring, etc

My question is why? Is it because the viceroy colors were the first 11063s and so the bezel was still transitioning from 11630 design? Or did heuer switch suppliers?

Pics below from what i have but searching the web for images seem to confirm this observation

Typical 11063 bezel design front view
[/URL]

11063 viceroy tachy bezel front view
[/URL]

Typical 11063 left, viceroy 11063 on right. Back view
[/URL]

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE