The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Is it the earliest known Heuer Carrera 3647T?

: Welcome to the forum. I have edited your post to make the photos
: visible, it was just showing blanks before.
Dear Mark, I have profited reading your articles a lot! Thank you very much for the foto format correction, I know how annoying that must be ....

: That is indeed the earliest 3647T I have on record. In fact, it's
: the earliest serial for any 3647, not just the Tachy.
That`s a very interesting and of course exciting info to me, as being only one year into collecting vintage

: Great watch by the way, enjoy wearing it!
This is another good one, because now I have an official experts permission to wear a, so to say, historical piece :).
No, seriously, I am not sure if I should/can wear it to often?

By the way, it keeps good time and is running strong, but with the chrono in function, the main time looses significantly. I was not really testing it exactly, just noticed a deviation of some minutes within only some hours. Cannot be more specific right now. I will look at it more closely the next days. But - Is there a kind of expierience, how much deviation/influence the stop function generates "normally" with these pieces?

regards from Austria

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE