The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The Living Heuer-lights (or a-Ha -I've found them!)

Hello all, this is my first 'proper' post so please be gentle!

I'm a relative newcomer to the Heuer-sphere, so think it's quite apt that my first post is about the 2 watches that opened the door for me. It all came about earlier this year as I was watching 'The Living Daylights' and wondering why I didn’t know what type of watch 007 wore during the film. Of course it didn’t take me long to find the excellent research online done by Dell Deaton, Paul Gavin, David at Calibre 11 et al, which answered my very question and pointed to the 1000 series divers. (as such I must thank all involved in that project-it must have been painstaking and incredibly time-consuming, but very much appreciated!)

As soon as I saw the Heuers involved I was caught and decided 'I must own those Bond watches!' and set about my quest to find them. During the process I managed to narrow down the likely candidates specifically to the pre-TAG 'L' versions, which were less common and more difficult to find (of course!) than their TAG counterparts. (Many thanks to Stewart 'Heuerville' Morley for his input on this, I've come to rely quite heavily on Stewart's intricate Heuer knowledge and very keen eye for detail!)

As such, I'm pleased to introduce my 'Gibraltar Heuer' and my 'Tangier Roof-top Heuer' otherwise known as the 980.031L and 980.013L…..

Hopefully you'll notice the original bracelets too, which I'm so pleased with. Yes, they are in 'honest' condition, but I like to think this is because they have been on many 'secret missions' ;-)

Needless to say, once I dipped my toe in the water I fell in head first and have become utterly seduced by the Heuer models and the supportive community as a whole. As well as these lovely divers I now also own most of an Autavia, part of a Carrera and a smidgen of another Autavia…..but those stories are for another day! This post is dedicated to the above Heuers-being my first; and a solid base for the start of my collection, I'm sure.

Many thanks for looking and to Jeff and OTD for the story-space.

Happy Friday!

Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE