The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Things didn't quite go to plan today ...

Just seconds after i took this wrist shot this morning,

photo 689FCCEB-B794-49A8-8D0F-9CE710F6C353.jpg

i noticed the seconds hand on my watch wasn't moving - hmmm, thats not right. In the process of rotating my arm to undo the strap the seconds hand fell off !!! Ahhh, its sitting on the dial, i dont want the loose hand to be dragged around by the minute hand & cause damage so i placed it crystal down to be dealt with later in the day.
I thought no problem as i'm going by my security box after work to collect a Siffert Autavia. Well work dragged on, i missed my opportunity to collect the Siffert & i had a "broken" watch at home.

End result, i whipped out the tool kit & 20 minutes later i had the big diver "which has become the default work watch", on my wrist & running perfectly - not the watch i'd hoped to wear this weekend but i a great sense of achievement on my behalf.

Good weekend to all - Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE