The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Good Link Jeff

Jeff,

Robin Miller who wrote that article is a good friend and one of the best racing writers around.

A couple more things about Justin Wilson. We are used to athletes in our team sports lying about their heights. Basketball players and football players want to be taller. I firmly believe Justin lied about his height too. He listed his height at 193 cm or about 6'4". I have shrunk about a full inch in my old age and am probably an even 195 cm or about 6'5" I think Justin was at least a centimeter taller than me. He wanted to be shorter. He hurt his knee a couple of years ago in a bad crash at the race in Fontana, CA. I have heard that the injury was worse than it might have been because he was so crammed into the car that his knee (and he wore knee pads) was hard against the carbon fiber on the top of the car.

Anyway, he won and sat on the podium driving for some really low budget teams. He was a real talent.

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE