The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My first foray into wrist Heuers - Autavia 1163v

Hi everyone, I want to share with you on this fine Friday afternoon a few pictures of my first Heuer wrist watch - a fine example of the 1163 Viceroy Autavia. The main staple of my collection to date is dash mounted Heuer timers which I am passionate about, but have always wanted to break into the wrist Heuer sector; after a good friend and I agreed a deal for a rather forlorn looking 1163v, the dream has become a reality. The watch has had a few bits carried out so far, including: a new bezel insert, new crystal, one new pusher assembly and a new strap. The watch still needs a proper service by a pro as the chrono has a few niggles and I have also opted to have the case restored to factory, both tasks will be carried out by Abel Court, the only downside to this being that I have to wait until June 2016 - certainly quality worth waiting for though! Currently the time keeping is spot on, so I can still wear it in the mean time. Below are a few pictures taken today, my first day of wearing it in an acceptable state and a pic of it before the new parts.

Off for a drive in my '72 Speedwell Mini Clubman - same year as the watch!

Of course, it has Heuers On The Dash!

Matching decals

And back home

With the rest of the collection

And before any work was carried out, no crystal, broken pusher and the most worn bezel insert you are ever likely to see!

Thanks, Vic

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE