The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Have Seen an Authentic Flat White Dial for 2446C
In Response To: Correction... ()

Great discussion, guys!!

I have seen a flat white dial in an Autavia 2446C, in the metal, and I am confident that this dial is authentic.

If Heuer had ordered these dials as a test, or if Singer had provided them as part of a selling effort, it makes sense that there would have been a couple of varieties. Heuer may have been considering whether to introduce a light-dialed version of the 2446C, and whether to go with a silver finish or a white finish.

I don't see any issue at all with flat white dials being authentic.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hey Darren,

: Oh yes...looking back can be painfull, I know the feeling ;-)...but
: it's the only way to learn and to go forward even faster and
: harder.

: Now, I had a closer look to that 2446cSN that was sold on eBay
: yesterday...and I must confess I have reserved thoughts now, a
: bit confused as that dial is in fact "flat white"
: color rather then silver/metallic as the dials we are
: "used" to see or know from the other few 2446cSN's,
: also the dial in the TAG Heuer archives.

: So, more details to discover or to unveil...

: Cheerio,
: abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE