The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Best way to post to forum from iOS device?

Hi Shaun,
I have to agree with you that Flickr is not ideally suited to use on the iOS platform.

I dont use multiple media outlets such as Twitter & Instagram so cant offer up advice on shaing between these reources but when i post photos here I use Photobucket & find it both easy to upload content to & then snatch links from, to post to forums. The only thing to keep in mind is when posting to Chronocentric/Chronotrader is to use the HTML link rather than the IMG link that all other forums seem to prefer.

The last thing to keep in mind if you're new to the iOS system is it is possible to download google chrome if its your preferred browser. Safari is fine but it can feel weird to use at first.
Good luck with the new system ;-)
Cheers - Darren

: What is the best way to post photos to the forum using an iOS
: device?

: Instagram is very convenient to use, but it is a pain that you can
: only post a photo that is on Instagram thru a link (or at least
: as far as I know). It's a pain that in the forum post the photo
: is not displayed, rather you have to click the link to see it.

: I use Flickr but it is a pain - it is generally clunky and
: unfriendly - and from the mobile enabled pages there seems no
: way to copy a link on an iOS device.

: I end up posting watches to Instagram much more often than the
: forum as it is just easier, but it is no substitute for the
: level of discussion here.

: What other tools / apps are there out there?

Messages In This Thread

Best way to post to forum from iOS device?
perhaps
Re: Best way to post to forum from iOS device?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE