The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Watch I'm Wearing: TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 01
In Response To: Friday 11/09 on your wrist... ()

I have borrowed this one for the past week, and really enjoyed it. Some quick impressions:

• Best element -- the lugs, of course, and the beautiful finish on the black titanium case
  • Just for fun -- the thin red stripe around the case
  • The biggest surprise -- for a "busy" looking skeleton watch, the legibility is amazing . . . night or day, never had to look twice to tell the time.
  • Best light -- when it's just starting to get dark; the skeleton look fades, and the hands and markers really pop . . . look at the right hand side of the dial.
  • The new movement -- feels rock solid (winding and setting) and runs like a champion
  • About the (45 mm) size -- it's huge, but wears well . . . rubber strap is a great fit / very comfortable.

I will be doing a more comprehensive review of the watch, but these are a few quick reactions.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE