The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
50 bucks still goes a long way...

First of all, as the proud owner of the below pictured device, I now finally feel like part of the club.

Now for the sad story. I went to an NAWCC (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors) event on Friday. The event started with a parking lot swap meed at 7:00 am. I went down to the hotel lobby to get a cup of coffee at 6:30 and saw a young friend of mine walking out the door on his way to the swap meet. I yelled after him that I would see him at about 7:30 (late) because I had some emails to answer for work. When I finally got to the parking my young friend walked up and said, "you are a Heuer nut aren't you John?" "Look at what I just bought for $50.00." Well, to make a long story short....I am now the proud owner of this nice Super Autavia but I had to pay him a lot more than 50 bucks. The early bird truly does catch the worm.

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE