The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Chronograph from the 40`s *PIC*

I just logged in to try and find a match for an incomplete vintage Heuer that I just picked up, and as luck would have it mine is pretty much the same as this one. The slightly odd thing is that my dial seems to be the lower type, whereas the case is the upper one with the oval pushers. I assume it is all original as it came from a box of 40s-50s parts that looks like it had benne untouched since the early sixties. The only hand I could find is the hour hand, which seems to match yours exactly.

Then out of interest, is it possible to date the movement from the serial number ?

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Chronograph from the 40`s
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE