The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Sold at $45,263 (41,027 Euro)
In Response To: Sold at $45,263 (41,027 Euro) ()

We should consider a number of factors when judging the closing sale price.
The seller did not let himself be known on the special interest forums. He does not have a comprehensive ebay history of selling premium watches. He did not give photos of VERY important details such as the movement, case serial number (very important), its bridge markings & movement number nor describe it completely.
To be honest after 1-2 days of having it listed the watch & seeing both the attention & price it had enjoyed the seller should have stopped the auction, gathered the details the buyers wanted to see & then re-list the auction. Better still had he had made himself known to us here we would have walked him through the process & indeed found a premium buyer on his behalf.
So is €41027 a good price for the watch ?? Yes !
But i beleive the seller would have realised upto a further €15000 had he followed the structure i outlined above !!!
I can admit i have received some email traffic during the coarse of this auction with potential buyers wanting advice.
The buyer has taken a gamble here that all the info i wanted and highlighted is correct. Should that be case then they could potentially sell this watch on with a profit instantly !
Yes, i know it sounds insane but this is a very significant & rare watch. So glad i got mine years ago & my final point - MINE IS NOT FOR SALE - i'm a collector !!!!!!!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE